CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 30, 2009

"This is how I see you, in the snow on Christmas morning..." -Sarah McLachlan

So, I will follow on Borrego's cue of sharing her holiday decorating. I was inspired by her blog this morning to share what I have accomplished this past weekend!

This year, we opted for a more artistic tree (skinny 7.5 ft) as the nine-footer, full, pineconed tree we usually use was going to be a bit big for me to manage (Think of me climbing on a ladder 37 weeks pregnant= probably will fall, not to mention when would either Brian or I want to think about taking it down with Creighton here by then?!) So, I bought this little tree back in October when they went on sale and I am happy with it.  I will say that it can't really support many heavy ornaments, so it has become more of a woodland animal styled tree this year, and I think I will be looking for a few more lightweight bird ornaments to add to it!


Our little tree!


The squirrel I got from a sweet first grader named Halle years ago.  I LOVE this ornament!


Super cute pinecone hedgehog!


A little bitty cardinal


A pheasant for Brian b/c he loves to hunt them...


And my hooty owl up at the top!

I also put up the nativity set in the entryway:



I also put out the advent calendar that I finally found last season (I had been searching for a good one for a few years!)



And of course I had to add the Chirstmas Wreath to my wreath stand.  I did not make this holiday's wreath, instead, I purchased it at 40% off in early November from Michael's!


I really like the leaves!

So that's about it on holiday decorating at our house! I will do a centerpiece for the dining room table soon and I did add a sweet welcoming angel to the front porch, but it is too cold to go out and take a pic this morning!  I will have to update that at a later date!

5 comments:

rena said...

very cute friend!

"L" said...

I love your skinny tree! I saw a baby one at Dillards but talked myself out of it. I think I'm going to get it after Christmas if there are any left. And I love the woodland creatures! You win for cutest tree!

Also, I so want an advent calendar. I thought about making one, but then I lost my creative ambition. Yours is so cute though, where did you find it?

PS: I love advent, and I would love to be pregnant during this time. Are you having a few God moments? I'm having them vicariously through you.

Kristin =) said...

Love that song! In fact, I love that entire cd!

So glad that I've been to your casa, cause now I know where all those things really are within the grand scheme of your house!

Laura said...

YEs borrego, I am having a few God moments...and then some that aren't so godly...like- man what must it have felt like for Mary to be on that donkey for all that way SUPER pregnant?! I mean she had to be seriously sore when she gave birth from all that riding! And I mean, how/where did they stop so she could use the restroom on their trip to bethleham? Cause I have to go all the time! Joseph must have been one patient man!

Laura said...

laura- I got the advent calendar at Target. They don't have a white one now, but they do have one that is quite similar, but is a nice deep red. :)